Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Avatar Experience: Magical Sparkly, Glowing Rainforest of Drake Bay, Costa Rica

I don't usually go anywhere at night here in the rainforest unless it's down to the beach here at my property, but the other night when my neighbor had a party we were standing outside and hundreds and hundreds of fireflies were dancing on the grass... I was completely mesmerized and entranced... and I don't think I had ever seen so many at one time. I asked my neighbor, is it like this every night? And he said no, not like this. 
 
Later, as my friend and I started to walk home along the jungle trail, it was all feeling so magical that we stopped and laid down right on the ground and it was glowing and twinkling!! I had never seen it like that before. We stayed for a long time even as a light rain fell and it was one of the most magical, sparkly, glowing nights of my life... a total Avatar experience (but we didn't use our tails ;) I have since looked it up because I know we have glowing mushrooms and other glowing plants, but I had never seen it all over the ground like that... it was that blue bioluminescence color like in the ocean. It is called Firefox when on the ground. Ya, I need to get out at night more often... thank you Spirit for amazing glowing rainforests and magical times! And I think I need to watch Avatar again. :) ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment