Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Avatar Effect – Creating Your Own Personal Pandora


Someone sent me a link to an article on CNN.com about people getting depressed and even suicidal after watching the movie Avatar. The article said in part:
James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.
On the fan forum site "Avatar Forums," a topic thread entitled "Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible," has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression and fans trying to help them cope.

A user named Mike wrote on the fan Web site "Naviblue" that he contemplated suicide after seeing the movie. "Ever since I went to see 'Avatar' I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it," Mike posted. "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' "
This made me realize how blessed I am to have a strong and deep connection with nature and how some others are missing that in their lives; to the point that seeing Avatar would make them suicidal.

These places/feelings do exist right here, right now. I've been feeling like I am in some kind of magical Pandora right here in San Diego with some incredible nature and mind expanding experiences with birds, bees, clouds and more. I always feel that amazing connection on my property in Costa Rica. Avatar reminded me of HOME.

The Pandora kind of connection to nature and All That Is exists within everyone, right now. Those people feel depressed after watching Avatar because they are missing the connection to who they really are; the intricate and magical connectedness to Source. It is not about a virtual place called Pandora.

When you are being who you truly are, with a strong connection to Source Energy, you see magical nature all around you, no matter where you are. You attract to you friends that share your connection. While you might not press your tails together like they do in Avatar, holding hands and sharing divine energy is the same thing. I feel it when I hold my beautiful cat, Kira. I feel it when the bees come to me and land on me without fear (on both sides!) I feel it when I bask in the beauty of flowers. I feel it when I hug trees. And I feel it when I connect with like minded, high vibing people. Yep, Pandora exists everywhere!

A great thing about people seeing the possibility of a place like Pandora is that they are shooting off rockets of desire and feeling passionate about living that kind of existence. They are entering into the 3D virtual reality of a magical place and existence, which is one of the things we do when creating our reality. The more people who get into the Pandora state of mind, the closer it will become reality on a mass scale. But your Personal Pandora is only a thought and State of Being away.

I highly recommend connecting with nature, and therefore All That Is, in any way you can. Walk barefoot, hug a tree, really listen to the birds singing, watch for shapes and symbols in the clouds. I realize some people are under several feet of snow right now, but that is no excuse. Truly connect with your pets, feel the Source in them. Put rainforest sounds on your CD player, look for pictures of rainbows with your computer. And most of all, FEEL THE CONNECTION to Source within you. You will never feel lost or ache for some far away land when you are in connection with who you really are.

3 comments:

  1. I love what you wrote! And I love seeing the speed with which the knowledge of our true beeing spreads around the world! We are so blessed :-)
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up the Avatar clip on CNN's site and lo and behold what I found on the same page. Another clip of a woman visualizing her way to a 112 million USD Lotto win :-)

    http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/showbiz/2010/01/08/anderson.hollywood.lotto.mogul.cnn

    Love and light <3

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said!

    I felt an overwhelming joy after watching the movie with a crazy amount of energy. I felt a deep interconnectedness with each person in the theater and thought for certain they felt the same as well.

    Natives in all cultures have spoken about the oneness with nature for centuries. The only sadness I felt in this movie was the thought of how we destroyed so many beautiful native people's way of life just like in the movie. It seemed at times this movie was a journey into our own past history.

    ReplyDelete