Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Have A.D.D.!

Yep, that's right.
Attention Divinely Directed
That's my new definition of the "disease" and "disorder" labled as Attention Deficit Disorder.

Wikipedia says: Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD or AD/HD) is a neurobehavioral[1]developmental disorder.[2] ADHD is defined as a “persistent pattern of inattention or hyperactivity—impulsivity that is more frequently displayed and more severe than is typically observed in individuals at a comparable level of development.”[3] While symptoms may appear innocent and merely annoying nuisances to observers, "if left untreated, the persistent and pervasive effects of ADHD symptoms can insidiously and severely interfere with one's ability to get the most out of education, fulfill one's potential in the workplace, establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, and maintain a generally positive sense of self."[4].2

I say PHOOOEY on that label!! It's just a made up disorder to put a label on people who think fast and who have inspired thoughts coming quickly, who are always looking for something interesting and fun and entertaining and are bored when not inspired.

Some of the most intelligent people I know have been labled as A.D.D.  Richard Bartlett, founder of Matrix Energetics is one of them. I am sure there are many more.

What makes someone deficient if they get bored or distracted by things that don't inspire them? I say they are divinely guided to what DOES inspire them!

I didn't pay much attention in school. Nor was I a "focused" worker when I worked in office jobs that I was only doing to make money. But baby, look at me now!! Yep, I have Attention Divinely Directed, and I'm doing just FINE!!

LABEL THAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment