Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's All B.S.!! (Belief Systems) ~ Creating Unlimted Beliefs


What are our Belief Systems (B.S.)?

Beliefs are your building materials, the very blueprint from which you build your life. If you are using a belief system that is out of alignment with your true self, who you really are, you are building a life that does not reflect who you truly are. Belief Systems can be empowering or limiting.

 
A Belief is just a thought you keep thinking, making it true for you. That means that not all of your beliefs are true. Believing in them is what makes it TRUE FOR YOU. Your beliefs are what you filter all your experiences through. This is why two people can hear the exact same thing, but have two totally different experiences and reactions to it because everything is filtered through each persons belief system.


If you believe you have to work hard for money, then you'd better be prepared for a life of hard work work. If you believe the economy is impossibly broken, you're gonna go broke. If you believe you can never get thin, it’s too hard to get thin, you are too old to get thin, diets never work for you, you are right!


“Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t — you are right.”
 Henry Ford.

Our beliefs guide everything we do, our actions, thoughts, relationships. But remember, beliefs are a choice! We can choose limiting beliefs or we can choose unlimited beliefs like “Everything always works out for me.” Changing a belief is really just a thought away. And then another thought, and another thought, and another thought. What you believe you receive and achieve!

Limiting Beliefs are like weeds in the garden of your mind. Pick them out so that new, unlimited beliefs can grow!  So how do we find them and pick them out? First of all, if there is an area of your life, say financial, physical, relationships, etc. that you are not where you want to be, you have limiting beliefs that are holding you back in that area. Here’s one way to pluck out your limiting beliefs:

Make a statement to yourself about something you want to be or have such as “I am rich” or “I am thin”. Then listen closely to the “self-talk” in your mind after making the statement. What are the thoughts your mind thinks after each statement? Does it say: “You will never have enough money!” or “Making money is not easy!”? or “You’ll never be thin”, or “It’s too hard to lose weight!”

Ok, you have just found some of your Limiting Beliefs! Now, how to go about changing them?

The first thing is to accept your limiting beliefs without judgment, just observe what your limiting beliefs are. By just observing without judgment, you are releasing the resistance to your limiting beliefs. What you resist, persists! You are not that belief and that belief is not you. They are simply persistent thoughts that you have allowed to become a truth in your life. And now it’s time to change them into unlimited beliefs!

Write down your limiting beliefs on a piece of paper. It might say:
  • I will never be rich
  • I do not deserve to be rich
  • I have always been fat and I am going to stay that way
  • Nothing ever works out for me
  • I never have enough time
  • My job sucks
  • The economy is bad so I don’t have a chance
  • I am afraid of success
  • I am afraid of failure
  • I will never find my perfect partner
  • Etc. etc.
Now, on another piece of paper, write out your NEW corresponding unlimited beliefs, such as:

  • I have everything I could ever want
  • I deserve to be rich, it is my birthright
  • Becoming thin is easy 
  • Everything ALWAYS works out for me
  • I have all the time I need to do what I want to do
  • My job is perfect for now and something even better is coming
  • I am worthy of success and I choose it now
  • There are no failures, only lessons that empower me
  • My perfect partner is seeking me too!
  • Etc. etc.
What I like to do now that I have my list of unlimited beliefs is to crumple up and burn my list of limiting beliefs. It is a symbolic gesture that I now longer accept that belief as true. Then I read my list of new unlimited beliefs and keep it near for whenever I need it.

You can also challenge your limiting beliefs by asking yourself:


  • What would happen if I didn't?
  • What would happen if I did?
  • Who says?
  • What stops me?
  • How do I know?
  • Has it ever been different?
Practicing new unlimiting beliefs, one by one, creates unlimited thinking. Because the truth is, we are truly unlimited beings, only limited by our own thoughts. Let’s start thinking unlimited!


I highly recommend listening to the Joy Vibe Radio program called It's All B.S. (Belief Systems): Releasing Limiting Beliefs and Being the Unlimited You for some great Limiting Beliefs De-Bunking!



1 comment:

  1. I am thin and healthy. I am disciplined in everything I am, think and do. I am successful at every task I undertake and perform, and am therefore financially wealthy. I am happy, whole and Soul. I am that I am. I am He and He is Me.

    ReplyDelete