Friday, October 30, 2009

Making Decisions Based on Joy, Not Money

I closed my successful eco lodge in the remote rainforest of Costa Rica on May 1, 2007. It was a happy, joyous day for me! I had no longer found joy in running the hotel for many reasons, it was a source of stress and conflict, and I followed my heart and intuition and converted it into a marine education and research center. All is well and many wonderful things came out of that decision!

About a year after closing the eco lodge, the person who actually introduced me to my property ten years ago, asked if he could “rent” my hotel for a couple of months because his place would not be ready in time for the high season and he already had reservations. He offered me a $5000 deposit and $5000 a month. Sure, I could use that money, it would pay off several bills, so I actually began to consider it.

But every time I really checked with my higher self, with my true feelings, I knew the answer. I had gotten away from all that craziness for good reason, and I am so enjoying my peaceful, quiet home now….but I could use the money, and maybe it was Source’s way of giving me some, was I just being “selfish” and non allowing and not seeing income being offered by Source?….. So it went in my mind.

Then last night I really thought about it and remembered that I am all about following my heart, and by doing this just for the money, when I knew it would not be a fun time for me, I was going against who I am. By doing something just for the money that I know will not bring me joy, and will actually bring me non-joy, I am saying to the Universe that there is limitation and no other sources of income and therefore I have to do something I don’t want to do!! Well, NO WAY, JOSE (actually, it’s Fernando, but that didn’t rhyme!!!) It’s just not like that! Life is supposed to be fun! Divinely offered Source income doesn’t feel so hard and upstream to do!

And when I made my final decision, and I felt the feelings of relief and calmness, I knew it was the right decision!! That is how we know where is the Highlighted Route to our joy, happiness and true path. HOW DOES IT FEEL? What makes you feel good? What gives you relief?

Here’s to unlimited resources and following your heart and intuition!! You don’t have to do anything that doesn’t bring you joy because Source will always provide channels that do!!!

Love,

Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment