Sunday, June 9, 2013

Silence is Golden

For so long, I thought that maybe something was wrong with me. I was just not able to have the small talk social conversations that other people seem to easily have. I am so easily entertained by nature and silly things but soooo easily bored by constant banter about… well, nothing or at least nothing that interests me. I have a very hard time pretending like I am interested and quite honestly, don’t do a good job of it. I am so content just quietly hanging out, like the animals do, and especially WITH the animals. I have no need for constant conversation and in fact I avoid it.

Many people do not understand, and I understand that they do not understand but it is just in the last year or so that I have really truly embraced who I am, how I am, what I am… and what I am not. Some people get frustrated with me or take it very personally that I don’t need to know every last detail of every event that ever happened to them, but I now have learned that that is their insecurities and I don’t let it become mine. I feel sooooo free now to just be me and not take personally what other people think or try to change who I am and how I am to please others.

Oh yes, Silence is Golden. And so is Embracing Who You Really Are and BEING it and LIVING it. Woo Hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment